CFA: Berlin Seminar: Truth, Justice & Remembrance, May 13-26, 2018
Deadline: February 26, 2018
Call for Applications
Berlin Seminar: Truth, Justice & Remembrance
May 13-26, 2018
The Robert Bosch Stiftung is pleased to announce its annual call for applications of this year’s Berlin Seminar: Truth, Justice & Remembrance.
The two-week seminar offers participants the chance to gain insights into approaches, methods and current challenges of coming to terms with Germany’s violent past. We will equip participants with knowledge, tools and skills necessary to facilitate meaningful progress on truth, justice and remembrance in their respective societies. The Berlin Seminar will bring together 25 international actors, who are professionally engaged in work on remembrance, politics of memory and documentation and truth-finding during and in the aftermath of conflicts.
The Berlin Seminar is a program targeted at experts in the field and offering a wide array of different components:
- Knowledge & Critical Analysis: You will learn more about approaches to Dealing with the Past in Germany with a focus on the Nazi and the socialist regime as well as the ensuing public discourses.
- Methods of Dealing with the Past: You will visit different sites of memory and meet representatives from politics, civil society and media, witnesses and experts as well as participate in workshops with selected German institutions and individuals.
- Transfer & Exchange Best Practice: You will transfer insights to your own context, exchange best practices with peers from other (post-) conflict societies and discuss approaches in an international group.
- Skills & Strategies: You will strengthen your skills and develop strategies for self-management, self-care, leadership development and systemic analysis.
- Tackle Individual Challenges: You will work on challenges you are confronted with in your own work, organization and society through professional facilitation and peer consultation.
Robert Bosch Stiftung invites interested candidates to submit their application by February 26, 2018. Please apply for access on the online platform.
We are looking for candidates that meet the following criteria:
- You are a mid-career and senior staff working for civil society organizations, government bodies and media institutions with relevant work experience in the field of Truth, Justice & Remembrance. Practitioners, activists and experts from (post-) conflict societies directly involved in peace processes are especially encouraged to apply.
- You have very good English skills enabling you to participate in group discussions and to write a short reflection paper.
- You are open to a comparative and participatory learning experience. Participants are expected to actively engage with their peers from other countries, to consult each other on challenges they face in their home contexts, and to share reflections and lessons learned within the group.
(Neither German language skills nor prior knowledge about Germany are required)
Robert Bosch Stiftung will cover travel costs to and from Berlin, accommodation, meals and other related costs for local travel during the entirety of the program.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Imke Kerber (firstname.lastname@example.org)