CFA: Call for intern: Human Rights and EU Law, T.M.C. Asser Instituut (Deadline: August 14, 2017)
CFA: Call for intern: Human Rights and EU Law, T.M.C. Asser Instituut
Deadline: August 14, 2017
Call for intern: Human Rights and EU Law
The T.M.C. Asser Instituut offers advanced law students, as well as those who have recently graduated, the opportunity to enrich their knowledge with practical experience of working in the fields of international and European law.
The Institute is currently offering an internship position to assist with research projects in the fields of human rights and EU law.
Main tasks for this position include:
- To assist with the MELA project on the study of “Memory Laws in European and Comparative Perspective“, including the maintenance and regular update of the forthcoming website of the MELA project;
- To assist with book-editing for a volume on EU anti-discrimination law;
- To provide ad hoc research assistance to the research department;
- To help with the logistics of events and the subsequent drafting of reports, in particular, on human rights and EU law.
What we offer:
A full-time, paid (€ 300 to € 450 a month, depending on level of education) internship for a period of six months, starting 15 September 2017, for a recently graduated or an advanced law student specializing in international and European law with a good knowledge of human rights law.
Interested candidates should have:
- Advanced law degree, preferably in EU law or human rights law, completed with high grades or near completion;
- A demonstrable interest in freedom of speech and/or anti-discrimination law;
- Strong editorial skills (experience in copy-editing of academic texts is an advantage);
- Full computer proficiency (experience in maintaining websites and in social media is an advantage);
- Flexibility, motivation and the capability to work independently;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
How to apply:
Students who are interested in applying can send their letter of motivation, a CV, a written sample (for example, master thesis, academic essay or article) in English and MS-Word only, to email@example.com at the latest by 14 August 2017 at 10:00 CET.
The selected applicants will be invited for interviews which will take place in the week of 28 August to 1 September 2017. The envisaged start date is 15 September 2017.
Applications received after the deadline, not having three attachments to the e-mail (letter of motivation, CV and written sample) or not indicating “Application call for intern Human Rights and EU Law” in the subject line of the e-mail will not be considered.