CFA: Professor of Conflict Studies, Saint Paul University (Deadline: January 1, 2017)
CFA: Professor of Conflict Studies, Saint Paul University
Deadline: January 1, 2017
Human Sciences – Professor (Conflict Studies)
Saint Paul University
Saint Paul University, a Catholic, bilingual institution of higher learning federated with the University of Ottawa, seeks to promote excellence in teaching, research and professional formation at the international, national and local levels.
The Faculty of Human Sciences of Saint Paul University invites applications for a full-time tenure track teaching position in Conflict Studies.
- Doctorate related to conflict analysis and/or resolution in anthropology, sociology, or a related discipline;
- Expertise in conflicts involving indigenous populations in Canada and abroad, with attention to their cultural and religious dimensions;
- Field work;
- Strong publication record;
- Teaching experience;
- Bilingualism: must be able to offer courses in English and in French.
- Undergraduate and graduate teaching
- Supervision of graduate students at the master and the doctoral level
- Participation in various Faculty and University committees
- Taking a leading role in the development of the resolution-oriented aspects of our programs
- Participate in the development of research program
- Salary and promotion based on experience and the collective agreement
- Rank will be determined based on experience, the collective agreement and the policies in effect.
STARTING DATE: July 1st, 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 1st, 2017 or until the position is filled
We are committed to ensure employment equity and we encourage the participation of all Canadians. If your application is successful and you think you need accommodation during the selection process, please notify us. Your personal information is protected under the provisions of the Privacy Act.
Those interested are invited to send their curriculum vitae, the names of three persons who can provide references upon request, and three samples of their publications to:
Dean Manal Guirguis-Younger, Ph.D. email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. We will be contacting only those candidates who have been chosen for the next step of the selection process.