CFA: Justice and Reconciliation in Africa Programme Consultant
Deadline: February 23, 2015
Justice and Reconciliation in Africa Programme Consultant
Closing Date: 2015-02-23
The IJR’s work in Africa is increasingly in demand, particularly with regards to the gendered dimensions of transitional justice and peacebuilding. Consequently the Justice and Reconciliation in Africa Programme will appoint a Programme Consultant to contribute towards outputs aligned to the Institute’s engagements across the continent.
Scope of work:
The JRA team would on a monthly basis determine the exact scope of work and outputs. These will include:
- Conceptualisation and design of projects to guide interventions across Africa and elsewhere in the world, particularly as they relate to the gender dimension;
- Copy-editing of reports, documents, articles, publications;
- Assistance with conceptualisation and drafting of programme documents such as annual report, workplans and funding proposals;
- Assist with formulation of content for the JRA webpage and newsletter;
- Additional tasks as designated by the JRA Head of Programme.
- Undertaking project work relating to the implementation of the Programme’s workplan;
- Drafting and publishing Opinion Editorials on justice and reconciliation in Africa.
- Minimum three years working experience;
- Master’s Degree with a specialization in gender, from one of these fields peace studies; conflict transformation or transitional justice; or related disciplines;
- Practical experience of working in country on reconciliation issues;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in writing of funding proposals
- Experience with media outputs; copy writing and editing
- Ability to write for different audiences
- Exceptional ability to take initiative and complete tasks on time;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with partners, staff, and colleagues with a high level of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a demonstrated ability to monitor and document observed activities and write clear and accurate technical reports;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with strong computer skills, and
- Willingness to collaborate with all of the JRA team members.
Documents required for application:
- Cover letter which references how you envisage to assist the IJR based on these ToR’s and the overall work of the IJR (max 1 page);
- CV clearly stating past experiences and at least 3 contactable references;
- Hourly rate for 17 hours per week.
Name: Dr Tim Murithi
Phone: 021 202 4071
Starting date: as soon as possible
Hours: 17 hours per week (willingness to work at the IJR offices)
Length of contract: March to 31 December 2015
Reporting to: Head of Justice and Reconciliation Programme
Also go to http://www.ijr.org.za/vacancies.php